Wednesday 15 July 2009

a glut of updates.

things have been on a bit of a hiatus while I looked into the pension ramifications of taking a sabbatical. this took a ridiculously long time. it would seem that for most of my pension it wouldn't matter too much, and so I'm probably going to apply tomorrow.

one thing I forgot to mention the last time was that i sent my facebook/macbeth thing to a publisher in wales (they published a book in email format which i read a couple of years ago) who said to finish it and submit it. i sent them the existing bit because I don't want to spend ages finishing it if they don't like the idea. i haven't heard anything since.

i took photos of my friend Sonia's niece, Orla . I had great fun doing it (including saving the baby when it dived head-first off the couch). Her mum took a pile of business cards, and I've already had one approach about a wedding, and heard rumours about another (in Peterhead of all places).

I also met up with Colm and Catriona, who's wedding I'm doing in September, which made me feel awfully professional. And they were very easy to get on with, so I'm not worried about the wedding photos at all.

Today, I discussed selling prints in the windows of TV lawyer Austin Lafferty's offices. Which wasn't something I saw coming.

No comments:

Post a Comment