Sunday 9 August 2009

it was supposed to be the summer of george!


well, my sabbitical was rejected two days before it was due to start, so I am stuck where I was for the time being. nonetheless there has been progress.

I bought a number of prints in the hope of selling them; something of a risk as I have to guess which photos people will want prints of. oh and i've hardly ever sold any prints up until now.

anyway I bought a number of prints, some of which my sister then lugged to Barra to be sold in the hotel there.

you can (sort of) see a canvas wrap adorning the walls of the hotel in the picture on the right.

The majority of the shipment was made up of calendars. you can see the proofs here:


Some of the other prints were to be displayed in Austin Lafferty's offices, though currently they are in my flat.

all in all, I spent £386.61 of my own money on prints, plus £50 (so far) on frames. We'll see how much of that I can make back.

I've also arranged to do two more weddings, both next year. one is a guy from my work, who is going to pay for me to have a holiday in cyprus in exchange for taking photos of his wedding while I'm there. The other came as a result of the Orla pictures, the bride being a friend of her mother.

No comments:

Post a Comment