Tuesday 8 March 2011

A reluctant football blog

I love football - it's the best game to watch, and I would (and will) go mad if I couldn't play it. I'm not really that keen on talking about it though. Almost everything interesting to say about formations etc, I have said by the age of 22. And to talk about football I have to pretend to give credence to other people's opinions on football, which is rarely the case. If I was living in France and a fan of PSG or whoever I don't think I would ever feel the need to write about it.

For that reason I'm not on any football forums (fora, in case John Bollan is reading this). Only when DougieDougiegate took off on twitter did I become active because it seemed more like campaigning that just opinions. (Sometimes too campaigny - sometimes permacampaigny). Football never makes me angry, really. I'm a Celtic fan, but when Celtic lose the league on the last day of the season makes me a bit grumpy, but doesn't necessarily ruin my day. I'm 36 and have never been booked. I'm by no means a firebrand. The things that do make angry and bias to do with Celtic, Rangers and religion, from fans, media, referees, and wider officialdom.

So, when i feel forced to write something here, it's likely to be on those topics, and not the photography stuff that went before, and proved rather fruitless

No comments:

Post a Comment